04 August 2007

Review: Online List Organizers

In a previous post, I noted that online list organizer sites are a good way of overcoming the iPhone's lack of to-do lists. Of course, that means actually finding and using a site that matches your needs and style of handling to-do lists. I've been taking a look at three such lists: Stikkit, Backpack, and Remember the Milk.

My evaluation will be looking for a few things:
  • Ease of accessing and updating list entries
  • Usability in a mobile environment
  • Support for multiple browsers, particularly Safari and Firefox
  • Ability to integrate well with other organization tools such as calendars and RSS readers
  • Good notification support
Each one of these sites has strengths and weaknesses as an online  to-do list; however each has enough of the basics to get started. Over the coming weeks, I'll be trying each of these out, and I'll report on the results here.  I'd also be interested in getting your comments on experience with these or other sites.

The first evaluation will be for Stikkits, "the little yellow note that thinks", which I've been using for a while. Stay tuned!

No comments: